Engaging in the dreaded small talk is much easier said than done. That is why in this episode, Joanna invites some of her fellow introverts to share with us their own personal experiences with small talk and how they navigate it in their business and personal lives. As we join in on their conversations, we will uncover some useful strategies that you can apply directly into your own real-life situations. From developing set questions to keep a conversation going, to ways for remaining authentic during small talk, there are definitely lots of golden nuggets of wisdom to take in from this episode – tune in now to learn them all!
KEY POINTS / MAIN TAKEAWAYS:
- How to navigate different small talk situations.
- Questions you can ask during small talk.
- Ways to transition small talk into more meaningful conversations.
- Making space and finding meaning in companionable silence.
- The importance of taking the time to respond.
- Why you need to manage your boundaries assertively.
PRODUCTS / RESOURCES:
What Type of Introvert are you? Find out by taking this quiz: https://yourintroverttype.co.uk
Register your interest for Introvert Elevator here: https://quiet.flourishingintroverts.com/Izst1K
Visit Joanna’s website here: https://www.flourishingintroverts.com
Join the Flourishing Introverts Facebook community of like-minded introverts here: https://web.facebook.com/groups/Introvertscorner/?_rdc=1&_rdr
Flourishing Introverts is edited by Instapodcasts (visit at www.instapodcasts.com)